All over the world, the challenges are the same. Ever expanding global goods flows drive the need for increased efficiency, productivity and safety. It’s a race without a finish. With continuity of the operation as the overriding theme. Here, Groeneveld-BEKA plays an important role with its automatic lubrication, oil management and safety support systems.
Do you have questions or looking for advice? We're here to help you.
Automatic lubrication systems
It is hard to imagine container handling equipment without automatic lubrication systems. In this sector, optimal lubrication is key to preventing excessive wear of pins and bushings and to keep out dirt, dust and water. Less maintenance work on site is better for operational efficiency and safety. Automatic lubrication is increasingly being used on spreaders, reach stackers, empty container handlers, cranes, automated guided vehicles and terminal tractors.
Recommended automatic lubrication systems
These Groeneveld-BEKA automatic lubrication systems are suitable for port equipment:
- Developed for demanding applications and severe conditions.
- Grease quality/output are consistent regardless of ambient temperature/viscosity.
- Suitable for a large number of lubrication points/long line lengths.
- Reliable and ideal for demanding applications.
- Follower plate ensures that GreenLube grease is efficiently used.
- The low work pressure of the system ensures the preservation of grease.
- Interchangeable components make it easy to service and adjust
- According to the highest quality standards
- Suitable for greases up to NLGI-2, including biodegradable greases
• Suitable for all lubrication systems: single line, dual line, progressive and sectional
• Three lubrication circuits that can be operated independently
• Grease metering regardless of the ambient temperature
• Available in different reservoir sizes; 4, 8 or 16 litre
- Heavy duty components
- Desmodromic pump element for highest reliability.
- Suitable for all common lubricants (NLGI 000, 00, 0, 1, 2).
- Designed for self install.
- Longer service life and reduced repair and maintenance costs.
- Improved uptime.
BEKA MAX PICO
• Very compact design for applications with little number of lubrication points
• Unique combination of two lubrication systems:
• Progressive- and multi line technology
• Suitable for all common lubricants from NLGI-000 up to NLGI-2
• Flexible extension possibilities
- Easy handling
- Rugged and compact
- For different cartridge types
- Up to three independently operating lubrication circuits.
- Grease delivers consistently, regardless of ambient temperature.
- In-cab display to control settings and for system monitoring.
- Interchangeable components make it easy to service and adjust.
- According to the highest quality standards
- Suitable for oil SAE 80/90 up to NLGI-2 grease.
- Available with mechanical or electrical drive and therefore suitable for many applications
- Robust pump with long lifetime and low operating costs.
- Compact design and therefore just a little mounting space needed
Safety support systems
The highest priority for terminal and port operators is safety and also applies to companies that work in ports and cargo traffic. With large numbers of equipment working on port grounds to direct huge streams of containers and goods, guaranteeing safety is challenging. Groeneveld's Greensight obstacle detection and camera systems offer an excellent solution for increasing safety.
Recommended safety support systems
The following safety systems increase the safety of port equipment:
Fluid control systems
Oil levels and quality are key for the proper functioning of an engine: levels that are too high will lead to extra oil and fuel consumption and oil levels too low can cause serious damage. Groeneveld-BEKA's product line-up also includes the Filtakleen, developed to keep oil in perfect condition and the Tecreel, for conveying hydraulic power from a fixed point to a moving point.
Groeneveld-BEKA's Oilmaster ensures that oil is always at an optimum level. This product saves time and prevents engine damage (costly and time consuming). Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
For port equipment the Oilmaster (available as a standard version and as a HD version), the Filtakleen and the Tecreel are the recommended systems.
The Oilmaster ensures that oil in the engine is always at the optimal level.
The Oilmaster HD is an excellent oil management solution for heavy duty applications.
The Filtakleen keeps oil in the perfect condition.
The Tecreel range of self-retracting hose reels provides an efficient way of conveying hydraulic power from fixed to moving points.
What is lubrication?
The application of a film of grease between moving parts in a machine or vehicle. The film of grease prevents any metallic contact between moving parts, like pins and bushings, bearings and steering knuckles. It also stops dirt, water and dust entering the lubrication point and prevents corrosion. Inadequate lubrication causes wear and tear, machine and vehicle failure and increases costs.
What is grease?
Grease is a thickened oil and always consists of two different components: oil and a thickener. The oil is the actual lubricant, while the thickener ensures that the oil remains in place.
What does automatic lubrication involve?
Automatic lubrication involves pumping the grease from the reservoir of the lubrication system to the lubrication points. The quantity of grease per lubrication point and the interval can both be set in advance.
Which types of automatic lubrication systems are there?
Progressive systems. All lubrication points are consecutively lubricated with the predetermined amount of grease. Parallel systems. All lubrication points are administered the predetermined amount of grease at the same time.
For which situations is an automatic lubrication system suitable?
For all situations in which moving parts need to be separated from each other by means of a film of grease. Groeneveld lubrication systems are most frequently used for wheel loaders, excavators, trucks, trailers, buses, port equipment, mining machines, forestry equipment and agricultural equipment.