Mining is an incredibly demanding off-road segment with loads, temperatures and equipment working at high intensities. Productivity and uptime are at their best with Groeneveld-BEKA systems.
Do you have questions or looking for advice? We're here to help you.
Automatic lubrication systems
In mining, optimal lubrication is key to prevent excessive wear and tear of pins and bushings (keeps out dirt, dust and water). Groeneveld-BEKA's heavy duty automatic lubrication systems are equipped with extremely strong lines and extra-large reservoirs in order to meet demands for lubrication. Groeneveld-BEKA automatic lubrication systems offer a number of important benefits:
The following Groeneveld-BEKA automatic lubrication systems are highly suitable for use in the demanding circumstances of Mining equipment:
- High output rate
- Tough construction
- Easy maintenance
- Reliable and ideal for demanding applications, long line lenghts, many lubrication points and extreme temperatures.
- Follower plate ensures that GreenLube grease is efficiently used.
- The low work pressure of the system ensures the preservation of grease.
• A versatile solution for most mobile and stationary applications
• Suitable for all common lubricants
• Springless pump elements with desmodromic drive for highest reliability
- Powerful: Output up to 12,0 cm³/min.
- Precise metering: Always exactly the right delivery rate even with different lubricants.
- Intelligent: Various control units available.
- Developed for demanding applications and severe conditions.
- Grease quality/output are consistent regardless of ambient temperature/viscosity.
- Suitable for a large number of lubrication points/long line lengths.
Safety support systems
In mining, safety is the highest priority: dump trucks arrive and leave rapidly; excavators and wheel loaders work non-stop. Mining operations revolve around productivity, and safety (a continuous challenge). Our obstacle detection and camera systems is an excellent solution for increasing safety. Here are the benefits:
The following safety systems will effectively increase safety in mining:
Greensight obstacle detection systems
- Ultrasonic acoustic warning system
- Improved safety around the machine
- Less risk of damage and personal injury
Greensight camera system
- Clear and sharp images
- No condensation and frost issues due to automatically heated lens surface
- Possible expansion up to four cameras
- Increased safety
- Lower fuel consumption
- Lower maintenance and repair costs for brakes, engine and tires
Fluid control systems
Oil levels and quality are key for the proper functioning of an engine: levels that are too high will lead to extra oil and fuel consumption and oil levels too low can cause serious damage. Groeneveld-BEKA's product line-up also includes the Filtakleen, developed to keep oil in perfect condition.
Groeneveld-BEKA's Oilmaster oil management system ensures that the oil is always at an optimum level. Checking the oil level manually, is a thing of the past. This will not only save time, itwill also prevent engine damage with all its costly and time consuming consequences. The Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
For oil management on larger machines deployed under demanding circumstances, Groeneveld-BEKA developed the Heavy Duty Oilmaster. Equipped with a sturdy aluminum tank, it is highly suitable for mining equipment. Thanks to its heavy duty design the Filtakleen is a perfect oil filtration solution for mining equipment.
Click on one of the products below to learn more.
What is lubrication?
The application of a film of grease between moving parts in a machine or vehicle. The film of grease prevents any metallic contact between moving parts, like pins and bushings, bearings and steering knuckles. It also stops dirt, water and dust entering the lubrication point and prevents corrosion. Inadequate lubrication causes wear and tear, machine and vehicle failure and increases costs.
What is grease?
Grease is a thickened oil and always consists of two different components: oil and a thickener. The oil is the actual lubricant, while the thickener ensures that the oil remains in place.
What does automatic lubrication involve?
Automatic lubrication involves pumping the grease from the reservoir of the lubrication system to the lubrication points. The quantity of grease per lubrication point and the interval can both be set in advance.
Which types of automatic lubrication systems are there?
Progressive systems. All lubrication points are consecutively lubricated with the predetermined amount of grease. Parallel systems. All lubrication points are administered the predetermined amount of grease at the same time.
For which situations is an automatic lubrication system suitable?
For all situations in which moving parts need to be separated from each other by means of a film of grease. Groeneveld lubrication systems are most frequently used for wheel loaders, excavators, trucks, trailers, buses, port equipment, mining machines, forestry equipment and agricultural equipment.