Where European Economic Area (“EEA”) data protection laws apply to the processing of your personal information, please click here for further information, including relating to your specific privacy rights.
Groeneveld Groep B.V. and its global affiliates (“Groeneveld-BEKA,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) collect and process information about you as described in this Notice. Groeneveld-BEKA is committed to protecting the privacy of those with whom it interacts. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) contains details about how Groeneveld-BEKA collects, uses, and shares personal information that we obtain from and about you when you interact with Groeneveld-BEKA. Please read this Notice carefully.
Applicability: This Notice applies to personal information about individuals with whom we interact in the conduct of our business, such as individuals who visit one of the websites we operate or who are employed by or associated with one of our vendors, customers, or other business partners. This Notice does not apply to Groeneveld-BEKA employees or job applicants, or to participants under employee benefit plans offered by Groeneveld-BEKA.
When you interact with Groeneveld-BEKA on behalf of another individual or entity, such as by providing or accessing personal information about another individual, you represent that your interactions and exchanges comply with applicable data protection laws. Groeneveld-BEKA will not be responsible for any violation of privacy laws resulting from your failure to inform the other individual about how their personal information will be processed or your failure to obtain any necessary consent from the individual.
Changes: Groeneveld-BEKA may update this Notice from time to time. The current Notice will be effective when posted. Please check this Notice periodically for updates. When required under applicable law, we will notify you of any changes to this Notice.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
- Data Security and Retention
- Children’s Privacy
- External Links
- EEA Data Protection Laws Section
- International Transfers of Your Personal Information
- Your EEA Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
Personal information refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”).
Sources of Personal Information:
We collect information about you and how you interact with Groeneveld-BEKA in several ways, either directly from you or from further sources, depending on the nature of those interactions, including:
- Information you provide to us directly. We collect the information you provide to us directly, for example when you provide your contact information in person, in an email or letter, or on a web form.
- Information from third parties. We may receive information about you and your interactions with Groeneveld-BEKA from third parties, such as your employer or coworkers, third party service and content providers, companies that provide or sell lists of potential purchasers, and others interacting with Groeneveld-BEKA.
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Notice, including third party sources and public sources (e.g. information you submit in a public forum), with personal information we collect independently and then use or disclose it for the purposes identified below to the extent legally permitted and based on our prevailing interest in effectively organizing our customer-related business processes, Art. 6 l 1 f.
Information We Collect In General
The personal information that Groeneveld-BEKA may collect about you includes:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, postal address, country of residence, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, phone number, social media identifiers (e.g., Twitter handle, Instagram name, etc.).
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interactions with Groeneveld-BEKA (including interacting with Groeneveld-BEKA online, by mobile application, and through advertisements), and geolocation information, such as longitude and latitude.
- Professional, employment, or education information, such as your job title, business address, employment history, and other professional information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences. A profile score may be created based on your interactions with our websites and responses to email communications. This may result in more specific responses to your requests and receipt of sales and marketing information.
We do not collect all of these types of personal information in all cases, or use the same scope of personal information for all types of individuals or uses. Your personal data is always solely processed for the respective underlying lawful purpose(es). Please refer to the privacy information offered in this privacy statement on the several options to interact with our website (“2. How Do We Use Your Personal Data”).
Information We Process When You Are Surfing Our Website:
- Name of your internet service provider
- Information on the website from which you visited us (Referrer-URL)
- Your web-browser and operating system
- Your IP-address
- For reasons of technical safety and especially to prevent attacks against our IT-infrastructure, we are storing that data for a period of 26 months. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in safely and securely operating our website.
Information We May Process Concerning a Contact Request, A Service-Placement-Request, A Service- or Lubrication Contract or a Request For An Offer:
- Name, Surname
- Landline or Cellular number
- Content and subject of your request
Information We May Process in Case You Contact Us to Become Active As a Dealership Of Groeneveld-BEKA-Products / -Services:
- The reason for which you intend to become a Groeneveld-BEKA Dealership
- Your branch
- Your business Activity
Information We May Process In Case You Apply Online For A Job With Groeneveld-BEKA:
- All data you are providing. If we should request any data on a mandatory basis, when we place a hiring-offer, will be clearly marked in this course.
Information We May Process Concerning A Whitepaper-Download/ Newsletter-Subscription:
- Name, Surname
- Landline or Cellular number
We may use your information in several ways, including:
- To enable interactions between you and Groeneveld-BEKA, such as to facilitate our purchase or sale of goods and services and generally to conduct our business, to support you and the organization with which you are associated in your interactions with Groeneveld-BEKA, to diagnose, repair and track service and quality issues, to facilitate an order, download, return, or exchange, to provide requested product information, to communicate with you about your employer’s account or regarding additional uses of your personal information beyond the scope of this list, to authenticate persons who interact with Groeneveld-BEKA, and to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- For our own internal business purposes, such as to evaluate or audit the use, performance and safety of programs and technologies related to interactions with Groeneveld-BEKA, to evaluate and improve the quality of your interactions with Groeneveld-BEKA, to design new products and services, process and catalog your responses to surveys or questionnaires, to conduct data analysis and testing, and to maintain proper business and other relevant records.
- For legal, safety or security reasons, such as to comply with legal requirements, to protect the safety, property, and rights of Groeneveld-BEKA, those who interact with Groeneveld-BEKA, and others, and to detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For marketing, such as to market our products and services or those of third parties, to conduct marketing surveys, questionnaires, promotions, events and contests, to enhance our content, and to potentially send you commercial emails (subject to compliance with applicable laws).
- In an anonymized or aggregated format, that is, in a way that does not identify you, for any purpose.
- For any other purpose that is compatible with the foregoing or for which you provide unambiguous consent.
- Please note that in several of the cases mentioned before, providing certain data is mandatory to enable us offering you the requested interaction, service, contract, etc. Information which is mandatory in the respective process is clearly marked wherever it is requested. Should you not provide the data marked as mandatory, the interaction, service, contract, etc., may not fully be initiated/executed. In regard to cookies, which we may use on our website, not-accepting them may have the result, that you may not be able to use all of the services offered.
We may share your personal information with persons and entities other than the Groeneveld-BEKA affiliate that originally collected it, including the categories of recipients described below.
- Affiliates and subsidiaries: We may share your personal information within the group of companies that Groeneveld-BEKA belongs to (Timken group of companies) (corporate parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership) for the purposes described above. We refer to the privacy notice of Timken for more information on the processing of personal information by Timken.
- Third party service providers: We may share your personal information with third party service providers working on behalf of Groeneveld-BEKA to facilitate an interaction with Groeneveld-BEKA that you request or to support our relationship with you and the business partner with whom you are associated. Examples of these providers include hosting service providers, IT systems and service providers, analytics companies, and marketing providers. We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including shipping, identity verification, email distribution, market research, promotions management, and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected.
- Business Partners: We may also share your personal information with certain business partners, such as our authorized distributors.
- In connection with a transaction: If we, or some or all of our assets, merge or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale, we will share your personal information with that entity to the extent permitted by applicable data protection legislation.
- Your employer or coworkers: If you interact with Groeneveld-BEKA in connection with your employment, your employer, coworkers, or other individuals designated by your employer may view any personal information that we collect in connection with your use of or interaction with Groeneveld-BEKA.
Groeneveld-BEKA does not sell your personal information. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information to share with third parties for any purpose. In such a situation we make sure that the information can in no way be related to an identified or identifiable person.
Groeneveld-BEKA maintains appropriate security procedures and technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, disclosure, alteration, or use.
Groeneveld-BEKA retains personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the stated purpose for which the personal information was collected or otherwise processed, and thereafter only for legitimate legal or business purposes, such as (i) where mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to Groeneveld-BEKA’s business operations, (ii) for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights, and (iii) when needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records. We will delete personal information as soon as the respective purpose for its use is complete and no requirement to retain it for any of the purposes described above remains, except as permitted or required by applicable law.
Interactions with Groeneveld-BEKA are intended for individuals 16 years of age and older. Groeneveld-BEKA’s interactions are not directed at, marketed to, or intended for children under 16 years of age. [Groeneveld-BEKA does not knowingly collect any information, including personal information, from children under 16 years of age. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us at the address below and we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases. Groeneveld-BEKA also does not sell any information of minors under the age of 16.
6. External Links
When interacting with Groeneveld-BEKA you may encounter links to external sites or other online services, including those embedded in third party advertisements or sponsor information, that are not controlled by Groeneveld-BEKA. Groeneveld-BEKA is not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for those services. You should consult the privacy statements of those services for details.
8. EEA Data Protection Laws Section
This section applies where EEA data protection laws apply to our processing of your personal information. In the event of a conflict between information in this section and the rest of the Notice, this EEA Section will govern.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information as data controllers will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In many cases, we will process personal information about you using the following legal basis:
• Legitimate interest, Art. 6 I 1 f EU-GDPR – we may process personal information to meet our legitimate business interests, such as to develop and improve our products and services, support our sales and business operations, and secure our systems, facilities and personnel. Wherever we do so, we are duly assessing whether our interests are outweighing any withstanding interest of the data subject affected and will not execute the processing if that condition isn´t met. An example for processing your personal data being in our legitimate interest is the processing executed to safely and securely operate our website.
• Legal obligation, Art. 6 I 1 c EU-GDPR – we process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
• Performance of agreement, Art. 6 I 1 b EU-GDPR – we process personal information to perform or fulfill (initiation/execution/termination) our obligations under an agreement which you are entering into with us or with your employer or other business partner with which you are affiliated. Examples for processing your personal data being on our legitimate interest are: The processing executed to decide whether or not we enter into a contractual-relationship in case a data subject submits a job-application, a request for a Service and/or Lubrication contract or the like.
• Consent, Art. 6 I 1 a EU-GDPR – we may process your personal information based on consent; when this is the case, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us ” Section above. If we should request your consent for any processing affecting sensitive data, we will explicitly inform you hereon. Examples for processing your personal data being on our legitimate interest are: Your declaration of consent concerning the use of tracking-tools on our websites.
9. International Transfers of Your Personal Information
Affiliated and non-affiliated third parties with whom we share the personal information are located in a variety of different countries, including countries outside the EEA, such as the United States of America. Transfers to countries outside the EEA take place using an acceptable data transfer mechanism, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (inclusively of adequate additional warranties, if so required), Binding Corporate Rules, approved Codes of Conduct and Certifications, or on the basis of permissible statutory derogations. Please contact DataPrivacyOffice@Timken.com, if you want to receive further information or, where available, a copy of the relevant data transfer mechanism.
10. Your EEA Privacy Rights
If you are interacting with Groeneveld-BEKA from the EEA or where EEA data protection laws apply, with certain legal exceptions and limitations, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information:
Access. You have the right to confirm with us if your personal information is being processed and certain other information about that processing, in addition to obtaining a copy of that personal information.
Rectification. You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal information and to have incomplete personal information completed.
Objection. Where we are processing your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests (for example for profiling purposes), you can ask us to stop processing it and we must do so unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue processing your personal information, or we need to process it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. In addition, you have the right to object at any time if your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes.
Portability. You may receive personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to others or to ask us to do this.
Restriction. You may request to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Erasure. You may request to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, for example, where you have withdrawn your consent to the processing of it, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it, or where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see above).
Right to lodge a complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your data protection regulator and we will work with them to resolve it. We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach the data protection regulator, and so encourage you to contact us in the first instance, where your right to immediately contact the regulator shall not be limited at all.
Right to refuse or withdraw consent. Please note that in case we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you are free to refuse to give consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time. Where you withdraw consent, we will stop using it for the specific purpose, unless we have an alternative legal basis to use it.
Right not to be subject to fully automated decision making. Such decisions are not taken at Groeneveld-BEKA.
You may exercise the abovementioned rights by contacting us using the information in the “Contact information” (section 13) below.
We provide digital marketing communications about Groeneveld-BEKA with an unsubscribe mechanism in each communication to support our legitimate business interest and support our sales operations. You can unsubscribe from any particular communication by clicking on “unsubscribe” in the email itself or by contacting us at DataPrivacyOffice@Timken.com.
12. Contact information
If you have questions regarding this Notice, about exercising any of your rights or whether they apply to a particular processing activity please contact:
Parent company and Co-Data Controller
The Timken Company (US)
4500 Mount Pleasant Street NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720, USA
Co-Data Controllers Contact Information
Contact: Data Privacy Office
Telephone: +1-234-262-2207; Toll-Free (in U.S.): +1-866-846-5369; International: +011 234-262-2207
This Notice was last updated on July 27, 2021.