Earthmoving & Construction Equipment
For decades Groeneveld-BEKA systems have proven their value for earthmoving and construction equipment. In these sectors, it is crucial that the uptime of the equipment is as high as possible. The often occurring 24/7 operation means that there is simply no time for proper daily manual maintenance. Under these circumstances, automation of the lubrication process and oil management is a logical step, and one with a quick return on investment.
Do you have questions or looking for advice? We're here to help you.
Automatic lubrication systems
The manual lubrication of pins and bushings is dirty, unpleasant, time-consuming work: time could be used for equipment operations and profitability. With manual lubrication it's difficult for grease to reach surfaces, resulting in extra wear.
Recommended automatic lubrication systems
These Groeneveld-BEKA automatic lubrication systems are suitable for earthmoving and construction applications:
- Designed for self install.
- Longer service life and reduced repair and maintenance costs.
- Improved uptime.
• Optimum lubrication and sealing of all lubrication points
• Easy to install and to extend, quick couplings allow easy expansion of the system
• The unique metering units offer an exact and adjustable amount of grease per lubrication point
• Filler coupling with filter in order to prevent contamination of the grease during filling
• Optionally equipped with a level indicator in the grease reservoir with an active warning
- High output rate
- Tough construction
- Easy maintenance
- Reliable and ideal for demanding applications.
- Follower plate ensures that GreenLube grease is efficiently used.
- The low work pressure of the system ensures the preservation of grease.
- Easy handling
- Rugged and compact
- For different cartridge types
BEKA MAX PICO
• Very compact design for applications with little number of lubrication points
• Unique combination of two lubrication systems:
• Progressive- and multi line technology
• Suitable for all common lubricants from NLGI-000 up to NLGI-2
• Flexible extension possibilities
- Heavy duty components
- Desmodromic pump element for highest reliability.
- Suitable for all common lubricants (NLGI 000, 00, 0, 1, 2).
- Up to three independently operating lubrication circuits.
- Grease delivers consistently, regardless of ambient temperature.
- In-cab display to control settings and for system monitoring.
• Suitable for all lubrication systems: single line, dual line, progressive and sectional
• Three lubrication circuits that can be operated independently
• Grease metering regardless of the ambient temperature
• Available in different reservoir sizes; 4, 8 or 16 litre
- Effective reduction of wear and tear.
- Trouble-free operation with HD-components.
- Reliable even with low temperatures.
- Developed for demanding applications and severe conditions.
- Grease quality/output are consistent regardless of ambient temperature/viscosity.
- Suitable for a large number of lubrication points/long line lengths.
- Major time-saving compared to fully manual lubrication
- Optimal adjustment of grease delivery per lubrication point
- Meets the legal requirement of having no lubrication points at great heights.
• Installation directly at the excavator to protect the pump
• Suitable for greases up to NLGI-2 and chisel paste
• Available in different reservoir sizes, transparent plastic or steel
• Lubricant output from 0.12 up to 0.17 cc per stroke
Safety support systems
Groeneveld-BEKA's Greensight obstacle detection and camera systems offer an excellent solution to increase safety. Here are the benefits:
Recommended safety support systems
The following safety systems increase the safety of earthmoving and construction equipment:
Fluid control systems
Oil levels and quality are key for the proper functioning of an engine: levels that are too high will lead to extra oil and fuel consumption and oil levels too low can cause serious damage. Groeneveld-BEKA's product line-up also includes the Filtakleen, developed to keep oil in perfect condition.
Groeneveld-BEKA's Oilmaster ensures that oil is always at an optimum level. This product saves time and prevents engine damage (costly and time consuming). Oilmaster offers the following benefits:
Recommended oil management systems
For earthmoving and construction machinery the Oilmaster (available as a standard version and as a HD version) and the Filtakleen are the recommended systems.
What is lubrication?
The application of a film of grease between moving parts in a machine or vehicle. The film of grease prevents any metallic contact between moving parts, like pins and bushings, bearings and steering knuckles. It also stops dirt, water and dust entering the lubrication point and prevents corrosion. Inadequate lubrication causes wear and tear, machine and vehicle failure and increases costs.
What is grease?
Grease is a thickened oil and always consists of two different components: oil and a thickener. The oil is the actual lubricant, while the thickener ensures that the oil remains in place.
What does automatic lubrication involve?
Automatic lubrication involves pumping the grease from the reservoir of the lubrication system to the lubrication points. The quantity of grease per lubrication point and the interval can both be set in advance.
Which types of automatic lubrication systems are there?
Progressive systems. All lubrication points are consecutively lubricated with the predetermined amount of grease. Parallel systems. All lubrication points are administered the predetermined amount of grease at the same time.
For which situations is an automatic lubrication system suitable?
For all situations in which moving parts need to be separated from each other by means of a film of grease. Groeneveld lubrication systems are most frequently used for wheel loaders, excavators, trucks, trailers, buses, port equipment, mining machines, forestry equipment and agricultural equipment.